The History of Altany, Loynd & Lindquist LLC
Altany Loynd & Lindquist has been servicing the Allegheny Valley and Greater Pittsburgh regions insurance needs since 1922. What began as a Personal Lines and Real Estate Agency back in the 1920’s, has now expanded into a comprehensive Independent Insurance Agency, including Personal Lines, Life Insurance, Commercial Lines and Employee Benefits.
Our agency has a long and proud tradition of insuring some of the regions oldest and most successful corporations. Whether they are new business entities or established ones, we have taken great pride in helping our insured’s grow and protect their assets while they have been in our care.
For over 90 years our agency has built strong ties with our local and regional communities and developed long lasting relationships with our employees, clients and carriers. We’ve placed great emphasis on these relationships and understand that they are the backbone of our success!
With a reputation for honesty and service, we will continue to provide our communities with the service and support that has made us what we are today.
- 1922Jack Loynd & Glenn Lindquist founded the Loynd & Lindquist Agency, and began selling real-estate and personal lines insurance.
- 1929Joseph Altany founded the Altany Insurance Agency in 1929.
- 1935Frank Altany began working at the agency.
- 1955Glenn Lindquist Jr. began working at Loynd & Lindquist LLC
- 1960Ron Altany left the Air Force to begin working at the Altany agency.
- 1967Bob Leonard left Lumberman's Mutual to come work for Loynd & Lindquist LLC
- 1968Dale Blaha joined the Altany Agency from Ohio Casualty.
1977Fred Kavo & Vic Gusmar joined Loynd & Lindquist from The Travelers Insurance Group.
- 1999Loynd & Lindquist merged with the Altany Agency to become Altany, Loynd & Lindquist,Inc.
- 2004David Gusmar joined the agency and began providing employee benefits.
- 2007Bryan Gusmar left The Travelers as an IT Professional and joined Altany Loynd & Lindquist LLC
- 2011Bevan Walley Shepard Insurance Agency merged with Altany Loynd & Lindquist, LLC and now serves as a satellite office in Arnold, PA.